Okay, so the weekly book reviews this summer didn’t quite pan out. The best laid plans always have a way of sounding better on paper than in reality. And having regular days for regular posts didn’t work so great either. I guess I just blog when I have something to say! But my new idea, is once a month to do a regular post of my kukai submissions/results and another of my writing accomplishments for the month. That much I think I can do. Here’s a list of my September writing accomplishments, in a nutshell:
- Submitted three haiku to the September/October Sketchbook “fall trees” haiku thread.
- Submitted to the September “leaves falling” Shiki Kukai (still awaiting results).
- Took 1st place in the 17th Caribbean Kigo Kukai with my “bluebird” haiku.
- Had a short essay appear the Oregonian special Komen section and on OregonLive, along with a (even briefer) quote on OregonLive.
- Had a tanka entitled “love” appear in the Read Write Poem NaPoWriMo anthology.
- Won 2nd place in the Write On! Online Summer Challenge with my fiction story “Love at 30,000 Feet”.
- Had a post “Without Pay” appear in the summer 2010 Oregon Humanities magazine.
- Had a poem “End of Year Blues” be selected for the Top Ten list in the Poetic Asides monotetra challenge.
- Was selected as WOW! Women on Writing Facebook Fan of the Week. (Bio and accompanying photos to appear this Sunday.)
- And put plenty more writings into the pipeline, including submitting to a haiku contest, a query contest, a haiku journal, a hint fiction contest and an essay contest.
All in all, a good month for writing!