I just remembered that I was going to keep myself accountable, by posting my writing accomplishments monthly. Here’s my list for October:
– Tied for 2nd place in the 18th Caribbean Kigo Kukai , with my “kindling the flame” haiku.
– Tied for 3rd place in the Shiki 8th Annual Poets’ Choice Kukai, free format section, with my “night sky” haiku.
– Had three haiku appear in the September/October Sketchbook “fall trees” haiku thread. Made Karina Klesko’s Editor’s Choice List, with “crimson maples”. Made John Daleiden’s Editor’s Choice List, with “first day of autumn” and “crimson maples”.
-Tied for 6th place in the September/October Sketchbook “autumn wind” kukai, with my “my neighbors and I” haiku.
– My “sudden downpour” haiku was published in Riverwind 30, my first haiku print publication!
– My “haunting images” haiku received an Honorable Mention in the World Haiku Festival 2010 in Nagasaki Competition on the theme of the Atomic Bomb. Three other haiku were named Haiku of Merit: “the deadly fallout”, “Nagasaki, Hiroshima” and “cherry blossoms bloom”. My “heron touches down” haiku was named a Haiku of Merit in the General Category.
– Reviewed a pre-release copy of Sage Cohen’s The Productive Writer, on Powell’s Books.
– Wrote “Keeper of the Relics”, “In the Night”, “An Autumn Renga” (collaborative), “Fall Back” and “Betwixt and Between” (a haibun) to Big Tent Poetry weekly prompts; “Falling Back (Asleep)” and “Human Encounters” to Poetic Asides Wednesday prompts, as well as submitted to an essay contest, a twitter contest, and a poetry contest.
Another good month for writing!