Today was Day 1 of the Health Expo for the Portland Race for the Cure.
I volunteered at the Komen booth. People spun a wheel and answered one of 8 questions about breast cancer facts to win prizes. How well do you know your breast cancer facts? Take this quiz and find out. Then click on the link at the bottom for the answers.
- What are the two best steps to take for early detection?
- What should you do if you find a lump?
- True or false: 85% of breast cancer cases are NOT hereditary.
- True or false: The 5-year survival rate for breast cancer if caught in the earliest stages is 98%?
- True or false: The 5-year survival rate for breast cancer if caught in the latest stages is 26%?
Okay, and I must be seriously tired from my long day, because I’m drawing a blank on the last 3 questions. If I think of them, I’ll add them later. 🙂
Here’s a link to the answers.
Aha, I discovered today at the Health Expo, that there were actually only 6 questions in all, which means I only forgot one. That makes me feel much better!
6. True or false: 1 in 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime.