Last summer, Angela Terry, Julie Warther, and I wrote 6 rengay (via email) on various topics. Today, 3 of them (“Breaking Dawn”, “In Unison”, and “Another Full Moon”) appear in LYNX 28:1, January 2013.
December Haiku Share
And yet another haiku I wrote as part of a rengay, this one with Kirsten Cliff. As I currently live in “the City of Roses”, I would be totally remiss if I didn’t include at least one haiku that mentions roses, even though blooming roses right now are but a distant memory. Share a haiku/tanka/haiga about roses, any kind of flower, or a pleasant scent.
under the awning
the scent of roses
From “Between the Birdsong” (with Kirsten Cliff)
LYNX 27:3, October 2012
If you missed the initial post, click here to read about the month long haiku challenge I am holding right here on my blog this December.
It’s been silent on my blog ever since the 31 prompters, 31 days challenge on NaHaiWriMo ended on August 31. That’s jointly due to the back-to-school busyness, and also to all the journals and contests that have their deadlines between August 15 and September 15. I can’t even think how many haiku, senryu, and rengay I must have submitted. But it all pays off in the end: I have works that will appear in the following publications this fall:
- 2 haiku, plus a rengay with Kirsten Cliff, to appear in Aubrie Cox’s Every Road Takes Me to the Sea post
- 1 haiku, to appear in Modern Haiku
- 2 haiku, plus a rengay with Angela Terry and Julie Warther, to appear in Frogpond
- 1 haiku, to appear in Acorn
- 3 haiku, plus 3 rengay with Angela Terry and Julie Warther, to appear in A Hundred Gourds
- an interview with Ina Roy and Andrea Heiberg, to appear on in our books
- 2 haiku, to appear in tinywords
- 1 haiku, to appear in Mariposa
Recent publications include:
- 2 rengay sequences: “Between the Birdsong” and “All the Words That Mean Cancer”, with Kirsten Cliff, in Lynx 27:3, October 2012.
- My last batch of haiku on Daily Haiku, Cycle 13, Aug. 26 – Sept. 1, 2012.
- 3 haiku: “dust devil”, “pausing”, and “streaming sunlight”, in A Hundred Gourds 1:4, September 2012.
- 1 haiku: “pine wind”, in The Heron’s Nest XIV:3, September 2012.
Ah, summertime. I’m busy writing rengays, haiku, a few haibun, and keeping submissions in the pipeline. I’m pleased to have work appearing in upcoming issues of the following:
- Frogpond 35:2, Spring/Summer 2012 (1 haiku, 1 rengay, and 1 renray),
- contemporary haibun online, July 2012 (3 haibun)
- Prune Juice #9 , July 2012 (3 senryu)
- Daily Haiku (my third batch of haiku for Cycle 13), beginning on July 15
- A Hundred Gourds 1:4, September 2012 (3 haiku)
- The Heron’s Nest, Volume XIV, Number 3, September 2012 (1 haiku)
- LYNX, October 2012 (a rengay sequence, with Kirsten Cliff)