Another month! My list of writing accomplishments for the month of November:
– I wrote 33 poems in 30 days for the 2010 Poetic Asides November PAD Chapbook Challenge. I extended my repertoire, by trying new poetic forms, including a rondeau, triolets, a pantoum, skeltonic verse, a shadorma, a hay(na)ku, bell curve Fibonacci, and a blitz poem.
– Took 1st place in the November 2010 Shiki Kukai, free format section, with my “garden spider” haiku.
– Took 4th place in the November 2010 Shiki Kukai, kigo section, with my “departing year” haiku.
– Submitted three haiku to the November/December Sketchbook “first snow” haiku thread (#1, #20 and #22).
– Took part in the 19th Caribbean Kigo Kukai , with my “December again…” haiku.
– Wrote “Under the Harvest Moon” and “Passing Through” to Big Tent Poetry weekly prompts.
– Had two Chicken Soup for the Soul stories make it to the finalist round. “Expert Advice” will appear in Chicken Soup for the Soul: New Moms in March 2011, and “Taken by Storm” will appear in Chicken Soup for the Soul: My Cat’s Life in April 2011.
– One of my haiku was accepted to the winter issue of Frogpond.
– Did a guest post about Kukai for my haiku buddy Kirsten Cliff’s wonderful Swimming in Lines of Haiku blog.
– Put lots more into the pipeline.
Time to edit my PAD poems for the chapbook challenge!